Join us on June 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm for a webinar by the Black Legal Action Centre for Black Ontarians on human rights legal systems and filing applications.
Have you experienced discrimination and want to learn how to take legal action through the human rights system?
Join BLAC for an informative webinar providing legal information on the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal and the Canadian Human Rights Commission, presented by human rights lawyers Sasha Hart and Roger Love, and moderated by BLAC’s staff lawyer Piera Savage.
The webinar will answer the following questions:
- What is the difference between the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal and the Canadian Human Rights Commission?
- What social areas can I file a complaint in (e.g. housing, employment, banking, etc.)?
- What kind of documentation and evidence of discrimination do I need to provide?
- What happens during the application process? What can I expect and how do I prepare? What are some tips and tricks for filing an application?
- How are decisions made?
- Where can I find legal support for filing an application?