Our System, Our Children, Our Responsibility: A Campaign Against the Deportation of Child Welfare Survivors is a coalition steered by BLAC that seeks to end the deportations of child welfare survivors and to address the related immigration issues.
We demand that the government:
1. Halt all the deportations of child welfare survivors currently facing removal orders;
2. Reinstate the permanent resident status of any/all child welfare survivors;
3. Develop a clear and accessible pathway to citizenship for all child welfare survivors.
Send a letter to your representative and tell them to stop the deportation of child welfare survivors. Click here to take action.
Check out the graphics below to learn about the issue and its intersection with anti-Black racism. And learn more here:
- The letter the coalition sent to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, the Minister of Public Safety, and the Minister of Housing and Diversity and Inclusion regarding immigration removals and anti-Black racism.
- The Public Policy we dafted and requested the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to create.
- Toronto Star, “They came to Canada, were in child protection, but never got legal immigration status. Now advocates are speaking up” online and in PDF.