Become a Member
You may become a member of BLAC:
- if you have an interest in furthering BLAC’s Vision and Mission;
- if you are at least 18 years old;
- if you are normally resident in the province of Ontario; and
- if you identify as Black or African Canadian; or
- if you are an organization that is mandated or delivers services primarily to Black communities in Canada.
Being a member entitles you to attend and vote at our Annual General Meetings and stand for election to the Board of Directors.
Applications for Membership
There are three types of BLAC membership. Please select the type of membership that is applicable to you:
- Individual Member - Online form | PDF
- Legal Service Provider Member - Online form | PDF
- Organizational Member - Online form | PDF
You may complete the Membership Form online or you may print it, complete it and send a scanned copy to us by email. You may also mail the completed form to BLAC at:
Suite 221 – 720 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5S 2T9
You may pay for your membership online or send us a cheque. Please note that BLAC does not accept cash through the mail.
Membership expires each year on June 31 and so must be renewed each year.