The Black Legal Action Centre (BLAC) is a new not-for-profit corporation set up under the laws of Ontario in 2017.
BLAC delivers legal aid services to low and no income Black Ontarians. We work to combat individual and systemic anti-Black racism by:
- providing legal representation, summary legal advice and brief services to individual clients
- engaging in test case litigation, law reform and community development to improve the laws that affect low income people
- giving public legal information sessions to members of the public and other community agencies.
We can help clients by:
- giving you legal advice
- helping you fill out forms
- representing you at some tribunals and courts
- referring you to other agencies when we can’t help
All services are free to those who qualify. Clients may be required to pay expenses associated with their case if they are able.