How We Can Help
Free legal services for low or no income Black residents of Ontario.
We are a non-profit community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide access to justice for low or no income Black residents living in Ontario.
Contact us to get in touch with us for help.
We can help with:
- Employment law, such as employment standards, employment insurance, and wrongful dismissal
- Housing law (tenants or co-op members only – not landlords), such as evictions
- Immigration (not refugee claims), such as sponsorships and permanent resident status
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), when you apply for ODSP or have problems once you are getting it
- Ontario Works (OW), applications and problems once you are getting it
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP-Disability or regular CPP)
We also give legal information presentations to community agencies and members of the public.
If we can’t help you, we will try to refer you to someone who can.
We can’t help you with . . .
Click on the links above for information on getting help from Legal Aid Ontario.
How We Help
We start with advice for your problem. Some people need more help than advice. Sometimes we will help you by preparing documents (for example, an application to the Landlord and Tenant Board).
And sometimes we can represent you in a court or at a tribunal, such as the Social Benefits Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board.
We start with advice and then consider providing other services for you.