Employment and Work

BLAC can help people who are employed in non-unionized workplaces.

We provide summary advice and referrals to employees for:

  • employment standards
  • WSIB matters
  • wrongful dismissal matters

The Clinic may:

  • act in employment standards claim matters where the amount claimed is calculated at $2,000 or more
  • act for group claims for employment standards matters, if appropriate
  • give summary advice and referrals for Small Claims matters arising from disputes with an employer over their employment standards claims.

The Clinic does not help with union grievances or complaints about union matters.

The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information about employment law and other common legal problems.